Mastering Materiality – Getting the Most Value out of a Materiality Process
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 1:30pm - 4:00pm PDT / Streamed Panel Discussion 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PDT / 5:00pm - 6:30pm EDT
As stakeholders increasingly request more information and transparency on environmental, social and governance issues, companies are strengthening their non-financial reporting processes by leveraging materiality analyses in an effort to disclose only the most material, or relevant, issues to their business and stakeholders.
Additionally, several leading reporting standards (SASB, GRI, IIRC) have come out with frameworks that provide a platform for sustainability reporting and how to leverage the strategic benefits of materiality. Companies are faced with the challenge of understanding these different guidelines and determining how best to apply them.
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss materiality assessments and how they can enhance the credibility and effectiveness of sustainability reporting and support companies in aligning resources and attention to those issues that matter the most. Some key points for discussion in this meeting will be:
- What are the different reporting standards saying about materiality (e.g. SASB, IIRC, GRI). Is there divergence?
- How are companies today conducting materiality assessments? And how are they getting value from them?
- What are examples of traditional vs leading edge approaches to materiality and what are the benefits to both?
- What are today’s most cutting edge and creative examples of materiality?
- What are the key challenges and opportunities?
Meeting in downtown San Francisco. Exact location provided upon registration.
** Special Announcement **
Join DNV GL's Masterclass in Sustainability June 16-18, 2014 - 15% Discount for Agrion members
See details in the event announcement here