Marketing Sustainable Products: From Label Compliance to Customer Communication
Tuesday, June 19th, 2012, 8:00am - 10:30am PDT / Streamed Panel Discussion: 8:30am - 10:00am PDT / 11:30am - 1:00pm EDT / 5:30pm - 7:00pm (Paris-Frankfurt)
According to an Aberdeen Group study of environmentally sustainable companies, 35% of those surveyed said green products offer competitive product differentiation and 28% see a demand for more eco-friendly products. Sustainable products undoubtedly stand at the forefront of many corporate initiatives, but are corporations effectively marketing these products?
In the current competitive landscape, consumer communication and label compliance is of paramount importance in establishing an eco-friendly business identity. The results of successful green marketing campaigns not only lead to greater and more positive brand recognition, but also to an increase in the consumption of these goods as consumers are increasingly informed by an environmental social consciousness.
On June 19th, we will discuss current label compliance standards and regulation and successful marketing strategies that produce tangible results from sustainability initiatives via consumer label recognition and awareness.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Marketing compliance within the Federal Trade Commission ‘Green Guides’ – Who benefits from these established standards?
- Labeling and ROI: How have business decisions leading toward offering green products affected the bottom line?
- Green products vs. regular products – what are consumers reaching for?
- What are effective methods for marketing to LOHAS consumers?
- Combatting green-washing: When the label is the greenest aspect of the product
- Customer engagement – How do you build communities of conscious consumers?
- Cost of green goods: How do sellers justify increased prices for green goods?
Bon Appétit Management Company, Maisie Greenawalt, Vice President, Strategy
Numi Organic Tea, Greg Nielsen, Director of Marketing
Three Twins Ice Cream, Neal Gottlieb, Founding Twin
Whole Health Marketing, Nils-Michael Langenborg, Founder and CEO
Presidio Graduate School, Rodrigo Espinosa, Adjunct Professor
Lonesome George & Co, Partner
Golin Harris, 600 Battery Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111
If you are new to AGRION, this meeting can begin your complimentary trial period to allow you to get a better understanding of who we are and what we do.
After this trial period, we require an annual subscription fee determined by the number of active employees from your company. More information regarding membership can be found here (specific packages for startups and non-profits are available upon request).
For more information or requests to join the panel, email: