CIOs & CSOs Leveraging IT for Sustainability
Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 8:00am-10:30am PDT/ Streamed Panel Discussion: 8:30am - 10:00am PDT / 11:30am - 1:00pm EDT / 17:30 - 19:00 (Paris-Frankfurt)
CSOs and CIOs, while seen as key enablers of business transformation, often have little to share. However, the most advanced enterprises are leveraging IT to accelerate sustainability agendas that deliver tangible business value, and in turn make CSOs and CIOs famous (for the right reasons!). Enterprise-wide IT solutions are enabling CIOs to harvest vast amounts of data that in turn allows new and more sustainable business decisions to be made. In a few cases, enterprises leverage IT to embed sustainability deep into the organization and beyond to their partners at all levels of the supply chain. Over the long term, the role of IT is to provide information to help strike the balance between the availability of resources and the demand for resources. Achieving such balance has the potential to eliminate volatility in the supply or prices of necessary resources, avoid the unintended consequences of business operations, and address many of the grand challenges facing the world today.
Join us as we host a discussion that will explore ways for both CSOs and CIOs to collaborate to improve sustainability and business performance in an efficient way.
08:00am: Networking Breakfast
08:30am: Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A
10:30am: End of Meeting
Topics of discussion will include:
1. Resource Efficient IT: Reducing Impact while Increasing the Bottomline
- How can enterprises procure, use and dispose of IT hardware in a sustainable and business-savvy manner?
- Financing models / Return on investment: passing through to the CFO gate.
- Case Studies: costs & constraints
2. Using IT to Embed Sustainability within the Enterprise
- The power of the right information to the right person at the right time - How do you turn awareness into sustainable action?
- Can Sustainable IT accelerate initiatives that impact the employee interface with the enterprise such as remote workers, remote desktops, virtualization, and borderless network architecture?
- Creating buy-in: how examples of gamification and peer-enhancement are contributing to workforces embracing sustainability initiatives.
3. Strategies for Spreading Sustainability Throughout the Value Chain
- Starting with IT: How do you convince members of the value chain to share internal metrics for collaborative sustainability initiatives?
- Sharing vs Forcing: How can companies leverage IT to move from compliance to performance in working with their supply chain partners?
- How do you create customer pull from collaborative sustainability initiatives?
CSRware, Karen Alonardo, Founder & CEO
Hewlett Packard, Judy Glazer, Director of Environmental Operations for HP’s Imaging and Printing Business
Orange Silicon Valley, Shishir Garg, Director, Platforms
Symantec, Kelly Shea, Global Program Manager - Sustainability
PwC, Nic Delaye, Director, PwC Sustainable Business Solutions, Silicon Valley
Orange Silicon Valley, 60 Spear Street, San Francisco CA 94105, 11th floor
Registration is required for this meeting
For questions or requests to join the panel, please contact: