Afterwork Cocktail: Accelerating Zero Waste
Thursday, December 19th 2013, 6:00pm - 8:30pm PST
Thursday, December 19th 2013
6:00 - 8:30 pm PST
San Francisco SoMa District
Join Agrion network members for an evening cocktail reception focused on Zero Waste, Recycling, Materials and Product Design.
During this evening, participants will hear from innovative thinkers, sustainability designers and other leaders in the field on several of the following issues:
- What is “good” or “better” design?
- How can systems thinking be better integrated into product design to increase awareness of materials and environmental issues early in the design process?
- What are the main challenges to incorporate recycled materials into products?
- What are some innovative solutions to reducing waste?
- How can waste reduction be successfully carried out at large facilities? Who are the stakeholders that need to be involved?
Attendees will have the opportunity to share best practices, challenges and other critical elements they have encountered in reducing waste and what it took to get there. The purpose of this event is also to determine a series of discussion topics for 2014. Feedback and input will be highly encouraged.
On May 16 2013, we discussed the concept of zero waste and what it entails. Participants laid out the main issues and challenges in achieving zero waste and identified some of the major roadblocks along the product lifecycle, waste and recycling value chain.
Coalesse Design Studio
In Partnership with
J. Lohr Vineyards and Wines
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.