Ecodesign & LCA
Best Practices in Reducing Inbound Waste at Facilities and Corporate Campuses
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 9:00 am - 11:30am PDT / Streamed Panel Discussion 9:30 am - 11:00 am PDT / 12:30pm - 2:00pm EDT / 6:30pm - 8:00pm Paris-Brussels
Waste management and inbound waste reduction is an issue many organizations struggle with. Agrion has already convened members to discuss: city approaches to achieving zero waste, managing events and reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill as well as designing products for the environment, reuse and recyclability.
Managing materials that come into a facility and educating individuals to reduce overall waste is a challenge that needs to be addressed collaboratively. The purpose of this meeting is to exchange ideas and best practices in reducing waste at the source. Panelists will share how they have managed to control waste streams at their facilities and corporate campuses, as well as industrial waste reduction, cost savings and process improvements for manufacturing. Some questions that will be addressed include:
- How can a company manage incoming waste?
- How can an organization work with suppliers/vendors to control waste streams?
- What solutions have worked best in reducing waste: closed-loop solutions? take-back programs? others?
- How can materials be reused, reduced or recycled in the most economical and efficient way?
- Who are the best partners in the process?
** LIVE STREAM FOR THIS EVENT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE, THE VIDEO WILL BE POSTED WITHIN 24HRS AFTER THE MEETING ** We apologize for the inconvenience
Past Waste and Recycling meetings:
- 05/16/2013 Waste and Recycling Feedback: What Works, What Doesn't and Other Barriers
- 10/30/2013 Managing Waste and Recycling: How Can NYC Achieve its Targets?
- 12/19/2013 Afterwork Cocktail Accelerating Zero Waste
14 MAY 2014
18 MAR 2014
27 FEB 2014
19 DEC 2013
25 SEP 2013
16 MAY 2013
25 APR 2013
18 APR 2013
08 FEB 2013
22 JAN 2013
11 OCT 2012
10 JUL 2012
16 FEB 2011
26 JAN 2011
23 SEP 2009